Advanced Social Work Practitioner
Liverpool City Council are looking to recruit a professional, passionate and motivated Advanced Practitioner to work within the Service Development Team which falls under the citywide directorate. This is a new and exciting opportunity to model future ways of working and be part of a new expanded transformation team.
Focusing on Supported Living the team completes scheme reviews, complex reassessments and explores creative ways means to meet an Adult’s Outcomes. We adapt our work to the priorities of the local authority when required. Being an Adult Social Work team means we cover a range of Service User groups primarily focusing on Learning Disability and/or Autism and Mental Health.
As an Advanced Practitioner you will support the Team Leader in managing and leading on practice, performance and development.
You will have the opportunity to develop a leading role on quality assurance and practice standards as well as supporting and supervising Social Workers [the Team Leader will maintain overall responsibility in respect of Supervising Social Workers].
You will be encouraged to develop and progress creative, outcomes focused ways and means to support our vulnerable individuals and will be a source of support to Social Workers in the team, providing practice guidance.
In the role you will also hold a varied and complex caseload of Adults who primarily reside in Supported living.
We are keen to hear from you if you have a genuine interest in this rewarding, exciting and interesting area of Social Work Practice
As the role is citywide it would be preferable that you are able to drive/have access to appropriate transport provision
It is essential that applicants have;
- SW Degree or equivalent
- Current registration with HCPC/Social Work England and Approved Mental Health Professional status.
- Have a qualification as, or will undertake training in and practice as a Best Interest Assessor
- Significant post qualification experience in statutory Adult Social Care Service.
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults/older people with complex needs and providing peer support for others with such cases.
- Experience of working in a multi-agency environment.
- Knowledge of the following legislation, statutory guidance and related Codes of Practice Mental Health ACT 1983, Mental Capacity Act (Care Act 2005), Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Care Act (2015) (PCF1,4&5) No Secrets (2000), (Safeguarding guidance) Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE).
If you would like to talk to a member of the team about the role or have an informal discussion, please contact Jess Onyia on [email protected]/07590432132