Adults Senior Social Workers
Surrey County Council
Adults Senior Social Workers
Salary:£41,127 – £45,519 per annum
Category:Social Work – Adults
Working hours:36 hours per week
Posted on:9 March 2023
Closing date:26 March 2023
Directorate:Health,Wellbeing & ASC
Location:Frimley Park Hospital, Portsmouth Road, Frimley, GU16 7UJ
About the role
The salary for this role is £41,127 per annum based on a 36-hour working week (pro-rata for part-time staff).
Frimley Park is a busy acute hospital. The Hospital Social Work Team are diverse team are committed to making a positive difference for our residents. In return we will provide you with the training, excellent supervision and development opportunities to progress your career.
We currently have the following positions with our Frimley Park Hospital team based in Frimley:
- 1 x full-time (36 hours per week) Senior Social Worker
- 1 x part-time (18 hours per week) Senior Social Worker
This service runs from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday. In practice, you are likely to be required to work a minimum of one weekend shift per month and one late shift per week. Staff who are on the rota to work a shift falling on a weekend will be given a day off in lieu. Full-time applicants will be contracted to a 36 hour week and these hours will be worked on a rota basis across 7 days a week. Further information regarding the working pattern can be discussed at interview.
What we can offer you:
- 26 days annual leave with the option to also buy additional leave if required (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Flexible / agile working to help with balancing work and home
- Training and Development including a structured Induction Programme
- Relocation assistance of up to £8000 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme (with a focus on wellbeing)
- Car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits, please visit MyBenefitsfor Surrey County Council staff for more information
As part of our greener future strategies and our commitment to creating a healthy work-life balance, we operate a rota system which is a combination of home working, office based across the hospital and locality and duty. It is a hybrid model.
In your application, we would love to hear about your;
- Professional qualification in Social Work and current registration with Social Work England.
- Your successful completion of ASYE if qualified after June 2012.
- Knowledge and experience of current legislation, including the Care Act and the Mental Capacity Act and its application to practice in a social care setting.
- Your Safeguarding knowledge including your experience in carrying out safeguarding enquiries, carrying out assessments within the community and working with a diverse group of individuals and partner agencies.
- Substantial post qualification experience in a social care or multi-agency community setting including your experience of providing professional supervision (support and training will be provided).
- Commitment to your own professional development.
Applicants must hold a valid Driving Licence to drive in the UK and have access to a car.
About the role
As a Senior Social Worker at Surrey, we will put you in the best possible position to assess the social care needs of our service users, providing direct positive intervention to some of our more complex service users and support for their carers.
We know how challenging this role can be but with the mentoring and support from our experienced colleagues, we will enable you to become the best social worker you can be!
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the valueswe follow.
For more information please find the full job description below and refer to this before submitting your application. We also invite you to read our Life at Surrey handbook to see insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 26th March 2023.
Interviews will take place on 4th April 2023.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Sabeel Ali on 01932 795292 or by e-mail at [email protected].
We look forward to receiving your application and personal statement, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefitsfor Surrey County Council staff.