Position: Acid Attendant
Salary: £24,845.40 per annum
Start Date: Immediate
Hours per week: Permanent, 42 hours per week, shift pattern of 4 on, 4 off
We have a fantastic opportunity available, for an experienced Acid Attendant to join our dynamic team here at Llanwern. We want your passion and enthusiasm, to help deliver a first-class service.
The MSS Group are seeking a reliable individual, who can provide and maintain our customer focused approach.
• Would you thrive in a friendly working atmosphere?
• Would you also find benefit in the flexibility of working on other sites if required?
• Carryout range of tasks such as acid bath sampling, monitoring and testing of the neutralisation plant and monitor and test treated water going to drain.
• Draining and filling pickle line 2 tanks
• Draining pickle line 2 rinse tanks
• Manually starting and stopping steam lines
• Receiving aid deliveries
• Monitoring and draining of sumps and bunds
• Sampling acid baths
• Transferring Ferrous Chloride Solution
• Cleaning Ferrous Chloride Solution filters
• Monitoring initial transfer tank pumps
• Checking neutralisation tanks
• Manually dosing lime
• Checking and changing air supply to neutralisation tanks
• Checking final transfer tank pumps
• Titrating pickle line bath samples
• Lime plant trouble shooting
• Receiving a lime delivery
• Flushing lime recirculation pipework
• Switching lime supply
• Filling and checking polymer system.
• Checking the clarifiers
• Transferring sludge and monitoring the holding tank
• Starting and dropping a filter press cycle
• Sampling and analysing the effluent plant
• Checking the filtrate holding tank
• Flushing sludge transfer pipework and pumps
• Sampling and performing a moisture content test on filter cake.
• Calibrating pH meters and digital burettes
• Cleaning, monitoring and sampling the turbidity and final water meters.
• Inspecting the pickle lines
• Dealing with chemical spills
• Carry-out Safety & Housekeeping audits.
• Adhere to JMS and Set Procedures
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Demonstrate previous experience in a similar role
• Demonstrate competence through training records and experience.
• Demonstrate ability to work alone in a multi-site capacity, working to strict quality control systems and operational procedures.
• Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team to be able to work alongside when needed
• Demonstrate proficiency in basic IT applications- MS Word, Excel
• Full UK Driving License
• Hold CCNSG (the necessary training can be provided to attain this)
Contextual or other information
MSS Benefits Include: Cycle to Work Scheme, Pension, Death in Service, Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Sickness Pay..
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not received any response within 4 weeks, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
We create and maintain clean, safe, and secure environments.