James Fisher and Sons plc.
Who We are
James Fisher Everard (JFE) operates a fleet of product tanker vessels along the European coastline and in the Caribbean islands, carrying grades such as petrol, diesel, kerosene and easy chemicals. As ship owners for more than 170 years, the company is part of the James Fisher Plc group’s Maritime Transport division providing maritime transportation of liquid products and high-quality ship management solutions. JFE fleet of tankers is managed in-house by James Fisher Shipping Services, which provides a high-quality technical and crewing management service.
About the role
We are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to work on a permanent basis from our office in Barrow. You will work alongside the technical and crewing teams and assist in various functions within the team such as invoicing, payments and processing queries. This will be a hybrid role (minimum 3 days in the office per week) and we can also offer study support.
You will work within a team of 3-4 people, responding to queries from internal and external stakeholders, and accurately update information whilst working to meet deadlines.
As an Accounts Assistant, you will be responsible for the following:
- Processing purchase invoices received in multiple currencies
- Maintaining accurate and detailed supplier records
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Maintain supplier relations and resolve any invoice queries/disputes
- Preparation of weekly sterling BACS payments
- Preparation of weekly Euro, USD and Other currency payments
- Petty Cash processing
- Personal expenses processing using Pleo
- Credit card processing
- Reconciliation of ledger balances and query resolution
- Posting of bank receipts and payments
- Preparing and entering journals into the system
- Assist with month end duties, ensuring AP deadlines are met
- Providing support during the annual audit period
- Assist with Intercompany reconciliations
- Assist in ad-hoc projects, as required
- Other ad hoc duties as required by senior management and as a result of commercial activity.
What do you need?
To be considered for this role you must have 5 GCSE’s or equivalent including Maths and English. You must also have excellent communication and teamworking skills and are a proficient user of MS Office – Teams, Outlook, Excel and Word.
Whilst it’s not essential it would be highly desirable that you have knowledge of Microsoft Business Central and be part qualified AAT with intention to complete to full membership. This role would provide all necessary experience for the candidate to obtain MAAT status.
Working for us
We offer a number of benefits including Group Personal Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and study support as well as flexible working schemes.
James Fisher & Sons are committed to taking positive action on diversity and we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.