121 Teaching Assistant, Denbighshire
New Directions Holdings Ltd.
We are looking for Teaching Assistants to support pupils in primary schools across Denbighshire.
The hours of work available are flexible, as we have part time and full time requirements. The shifts available could be working Monday – Friday 9.00am-3.30pm, or we have requirements for half days or full days working 2-3 full days per week.
You will be working with a children who require extra support with communication skills as some of the children maybe non-verbal. They will also need help focusing in lesson times and have access to additional learning tools to help them reach their maximum potential.
The successful candidate will need to implement inventive learning techniques to engage the pupil, some with socialising difficulties, and general additional learning needs.
Teaching, Learning or Classroom Assistants are now vital resources for teachers and are heavily relied upon in schools.
We specialise in recruiting Teaching Assistants (TA) who are qualified in the following;
- NVQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant
- NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- CACHE Level 3 in Childcare & Education
- BTEC National Certificate in Childhood Studies (Nursery Nursing).
We’ll also consider experienced Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) who have previously held a job in a primary school or assisted a pupil in the role in a secondary school but do not hold any of the above qualifications.
Jobs in additional learning needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as having:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI)
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD)
- Severe Learning Difficulties
- Physical Disabilities (PD).
As a teaching assistant you’ll be expected to:
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the head teacher, ALNCO and class teachers
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programmes (IEP) for students and help monitor their progress
- Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities
- Assist class teachers with maintaining student records
- Support students with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.
What New Directions Education Ltd offers:
- A dedicated and expert Account Manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- One of the preferred suppliers to all 22 local authorities in Wales under the All Wales Framework Agreement
- We are the major teaching supply agency for Welsh speaking teachers across Wales
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry
We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a full enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Education Ltd, Wrexham branch, for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290 or click Apply Now to enquire about this job vacancy.